[Gluster-Maintainers] Release 3.11.1: Scheduled for 20th of June

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Jun 26 14:59:29 UTC 2017

On 06/26/2017 10:31 AM, Shyam wrote:

> In the future, we would like to stick with the release calendar, as that
> is published and well known, than delay releases. Hence, when raising
> blockers for a release or delaying the release, expect more questions
> and diligence required around the same in the future.

+1.

Let's stick to the schedule as much as possible.

We can — and have — released another release closely after. Our decision
to have scheduled releases does not preclude having extra releases
between the scheduled ones when we have a legitimate need.

We can also respin packages with a patch. We've done that on several
occasions.

And finally, waiting four weeks for the next release is really not that bad.

--

Kaleb