[Gluster-Maintainers] Release 3.10: Branched!
srangana at redhat.com
Thu Jan 19 11:21:16 UTC 2017
Release 3.10 has been branched, the following commands give the required
information about the branch and the tags.
git branch -v --list release-3.10
git show v3.10.0alpha1
git show v3.11dev
rfc.sh has been updated, see .
Onto next steps,
1) We (as in Kaleb and myself) have raised the required bugzilla version
addition for 3.10, this is still pending closure, so all commits against
3.10 at the moment will *fail* the bug version check. We will keep you
updated on the progress here.
NOTE: If all goes well this would be the last time we use bugzilla to
track this, more on this later
2) We have taken some features into consideration for a backport to 3.10
(as follows), so till then we will retain the branch at alpha, and maybe
not even generate required tarballs or RPMs from the same till we reach
a beta state (a week from now, 26th Jan. 2017).
- https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/65 (Disabling auto
trash directory creation)
- https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/63 (statedump support
- https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/66 (Brick multiplexing)
- https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/58 (rebalance time to
- https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/59 (switch to storhaug
for Ganesha and SAMBA HA)
3) Merge rights for the branch 3.10 is with Kaleb, RTalur and Myself. We
intend to keep the merge queue moving, across the globe with talur in
the IST TZ and Kaleb and myself in the Eastern TZ.
- Maintainers are still required to mark commits that pass muster as
+2, so that the release owners can do the required diligence before the
- TBD: Will generate a dashboard for this as well, so that it is easy
to check and see which commits are ready to merge and which not.
Keep those reviews coming and let's get to the beta stage a week from now!
Kaleb, Talur, Shyam
 rfc.sh update: git log 3bed8373a9e3dd290c614185ae8d2fd9e7f0ec86 -1
More information about the maintainers