[Gluster-Maintainers] Release 3.11 scope and feature tracking changes

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 20:28:00 UTC 2017

Hi,

*github for features*
---------------------
For 3.10 we moved to github to track features and also to do parts of
the release tracking to github. This [1] document is a follow-up to the
same, so that we start doing feature tracking exclusively using github
issues.

Please read [1] and send any feedback over mail, as we will open this up
to devel and users on Monday, 27th Feb

*Release 3.11 scope*
--------------------
As discussed in the last maintainer meeting, 3.11 will focus on the
following themes,

1) Testing improvements in Gluster
   - Primary focus would be to get automated test cases to determine
release health, rather than repeating a manual exercise every 3 months
   - Further, we would also attempt to focus on maturing Glusto for this
need (as much as possible)

2) Merge all (or as much as possible) Facebook patches into master, and
hence into release 3.11

3) By 3.11, have Gluster feature backlog entered into github as issues
   - This activity gets kick started next week!

We will still retain the features that did not make it to 3.10 as
candidates for 3.11 and also call out for any features that are in
progress for 3.11.

Thanks,
Shyam

[1] github issues for features and major fixes:
https://hackmd.io/s/BkgH8sdtg#