[Gluster-Maintainers] Move out of bugzilla to github issues --> for everything...

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 15:02:04 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 08:45:57AM -0500, Shyam wrote:
> On 02/20/2017 01:37 AM, Nigel Babu wrote:
> > * What about people who use the features of bugzilla not in Github issues? For
> >   example, whine. It's a very important for feature for those who want to
> >   triage bugs on time. Yes, we can write hacks, but that further leads to "Is
> >   it worth it"?
>
> We get some we lose some features, like I already stated, I do understand
> github issues are not a bugzilla replacement. Bugzilla has far more features
> than github, so we can never be the same.
>
> What are we willing to lose? Whine has come up before, but no one (in
> maintainers till now) has spoken up about absolutely needing it.

Wines are probably not really needed. We have always suggested to use
email filters for the bugs at gluster.org list or use Bugzilla queries and
one of its many output formats.

I use email headers for filtering all updates sent to bugs at gluster.org
in folders for the components I am maintaining or interested in. From my
understanding, I am by far the only one doing it like this. Having some
more details on how we can filter GitHub emails would be good.

In addition to the emails, I use the RSS feeds that bugzilla provides
for queries. These feeds are in my Thunderbird and other news readers.
In the GitHub help section, I could not find if this is an option.

> Triage has been brought up, I would really like to hear/see how that query
> can change from others?

How do you triage bugs for the components you are (co)maintainer of? And
how are you planning to do this with GitHub Issues?

Thanks,
Niels