[Gluster-Maintainers] Possible Blog Posts

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Thu Aug 10 08:16:56 UTC 2017

Thanks for this Amye! Many good ideas here.

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Amye Scavarda <amye at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A quick update on the state of the blog:
> We'll be moving to combine both blog.gluster.org and www.gluster.org in
> the very near future. We're at the QA stage for a new platform, and as soon
> as that's completed, we'll be launching on a unified platform. (
> beta.gluster.org has a rough staging server, this is not our final
> content however).

Looks good for now. All, please share your feedback!

> What does this mean for you? This means it's a great time to get your 3.12
> blog posts in order! What do you want to write about as we move towards
> getting 3.12 released? I'd like to be able to have at least one post a week
> from the maintainers group leading up to Summit.

I have an action item on me to write about subdir mount in 3.12. Will try
to cover it as blog.

> What happens to Planet? Planet is included in our new platform as well.
> I'll be changing the documentation for how you can include your own blog on
> Planet, but you'll have access to be able to create posts on
> blog.gluster.org same as you do now.
>
> Other topics:
> Use cases for Gluster
> Roadmap conversations
> Improvements you're making to the project overall

Some of the performance and debugging fixes which are going in would make a
good candidate here.

> Calls for help for particular areas
> Things you might have sent into the mailing list anyways but would like to
> make more public (design decisions come to mind)
>
> Any of these spark your interest?

:-)

Regards,
Amar