[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Maintainers 2.0 Proposal

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Fri Apr 14 09:40:35 UTC 2017

Le jeudi 13 avril 2017 à 18:01 -0700, Amye Scavarda a écrit :
> In light of community conversations, I've put some revisions on the
> Maintainers changes, outlined in the hackmd pad:
> https://hackmd.io/s/SkwiZd4qe
>
> Feedback welcomed!
>
> Note that the goals of this are to expand out our reach as a project
> (Gluster.org) and make it easy to define who's a maintainer for what
> feature.
> I'll highlight the goals in the document here:
>
> * Refine how we declare component owners in Gluster
> * Create a deeper sense of ownership throughout the open source project
> * Welcome more contibutors at a project impacting level
>
> We've clarified what the levels of 'owners' and 'peers' are in terms of
> responsibility, and we'll look to implement this in the 3.12 cycle.
> Thanks!

So, I realize that the concept of component is not defined in the
document. I assume everybody have a shared understanding about what it
is, but maybe not, so wouldn't it make sense to define it more clearly ?

Is this planned to be done later as part of "We will be working on
carving out new components for things that make logical sense." ?

As for example, with regard to my previous comment, would
"infrastructure" be a component, would "documentation" be a component ?

--
Michael Scherer