[Gluster-Maintainers] Please help test the new release job

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Thu Apr 13 04:45:06 UTC 2017

Hello folks,

Current and past release managers + package maintainers, please take special
note.

Please test the new release job[1]. I'm working on making email notifications
ready. I've eliminated a lot of code we used to run to get releases out. It
doesn't yet archive to bits.gluster.org. That's for next round of testing.

Please take a look at the script[2] as well.
* Is the GERRIT_SPEC and RELEASE_VERSION largely different other than adding
  the lack of preceding 'v'?
* The sed line (L77) in the current script seems unnecessary. It didn't have
  any effect with my tests and we already get version number in ./configure
  automatically.
* The Changelog seems to be unused as well, so I got rid of it.

The git clone and the email notification will be handled by Jenkins. The git
clone, obviously works already. I'm working on getting the email bit working,
so you can safely test without fear that someone will be emailed.

[1]: https://build.gluster.org/job/release-new/
[2]: https://review.gluster.org/#/c/17047/1/build-gluster-org/scripts/release.sh
[3]: https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/blob/master/release.sh

--