[Gluster-Maintainers] glusterfs-3.9rc1 has been released for testing

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 15:11:04 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 09:18:14AM -0700, Amye Scavarda wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 6:41 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri <
> pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We've tagged and released glusterfs-3.9rc1. This is the 1st Release
> > Candidate for GlusterFS 3.9.0.
> >
> >  https://build.gluster.org/job/release/171/console
> > http://bits.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/src/glusterfs-3.9rc1.tar.gz
> >
> > The release-notes still need some work for a GA release:
> >   https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/release-3.9/
> > doc/release-notes/3.9.0.md
> >
> > Once we have some useful release-notes, we can send out a notification
> > to the users list and other more public channels.
> >
> > Packages for CentOS-7 are available from the Community Build System:
> > https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=111151
> >
> > Other distributions may want to verify their packaging too.
> >
> > The current plan is to release 3.9.0 in the first few days of October.
> >
> > I'm going to strongly suggest that we not do this the first few days of
> October, let's plan a release after Gluster Developer Summit. A great many
> of the community will be traveling, and we have a great opportunity to test
> further with a lot of us in the same room.

I do not think any of the attendees have time during the Gluster
Developer Summit. The schedule is quite packed, and at the same time
LinuxCon and the Open Source Storage Summit take place. The days will be
*very* busy already:
  https://www.gluster.org/events/schedule2016/
  http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon-europe/program/schedule
  http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon-europe/extend-the-experience/co-located-events

> Mid-October instead?

I'd like to see us keeping our promise of doing a release every 3
months. The initial schedule was to release before the end of September,
moving it to after the summit and travelling (and additional Indian
holidays?) does not look optimal to me.

Niels