[Gluster-Maintainers] Compound patches waiting for merging in release-3.8

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 14:30:13 UTC 2016

Hi Krutika and Pranith,

The patches that introduce the compound operations for release-3.8 are
almost ready for merging. Is there a particular order for the merging to
be done? I'd hate to break git-bisect if I do it in the wrong order.

  http://review.gluster.org/#/q/status:open+project:glusterfs+branch:release-3.8+topic:bug-1372693

These massive changes +1500 lines of code, have not one test. Eventhough
a new volume option is introduced. I really do hope there is some test
in the master branch that runs soemthing useful with the new option
enabled. Could you please backport that test-case too?

Because this adds a new functionality based on the (experimental)
compount FOPs, we need to mention it in the release notes. Feel free to
start a new doc/release-notes/3.8.x.md with a little text about the
goal of feature, how users can enable it and verify results.

I really want us to prevent introducing such a lot of new code, that
does not go through regular testing. Should this be included in 3.8.4,
or maybe the release after it?

Thanks,
Niels