[Gluster-Maintainers] 3.9 branching problem

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 05:23:00 UTC 2016

hi,
      We were waiting for last minute patches to be merged and no when we
tried to create the branch we found that Aravinda and I don't have
permissions for pushing to github. What is the procedure to get these
permissions?

We followed these steps for pushing to upstreams:
1) Have the following alias in my .git/config
[remote "public"]
        url = git at github.com:gluster/glusterfs.git
        url = ssh://<username>@git.gluster.org/glusterfs.git

2) git branch release-3.9
3) git push -u public release-3.9

I get the following error when executing the command in step-3)

Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.

--
Pranith