[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] 'Reviewd-by' tag for commits

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Oct 14 09:44:32 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 02:21:23PM +0530, Nigel Babu wrote:
> I've said on this thread before, none of this is easy to do. It needs us to
> fork Gerrit to make our own changes. I would argue that depending on the
> data from the commit message is folly.

Eventhough we all seem to agree that statistics based on commit messages
is not correct, it looks like it is an incentive to get reviewing valued
more. We need to promote the reviewing work somehow, and this is one way
to do it.

Forking Gerrit is surely not the right thing. But could it not get
discussed with the rest of the Gerrit community? I hope that the Gerrit
admins follow the Gerrit project and know how to report feature requests
or such?

Thanks,
Niels