[Gluster-Maintainers] Why a -2 need to be carried over to next patch set?

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Wed Oct 12 05:39:37 UTC 2016

Although a -2 on a patch indicates that reviewer has strongly disagreed on
the changes done on the patch, but is it right to carry forward the same
vote on the subsequent patch set(s)? What if the changes on the following
patch sets are in line with the comments on the patch set where a -2 was
mentioned? As it stands until the same reviewer revokes the -2, the patch
can't be merged. Is this what was intended for?

My primary concern here is if the concerned person is unavailable (for
various reason) the acceptance of the patch gets delayed even if we have co
maintainers for the same module acking the patch?

What do others think here? Should we continue to carry over a -2 on the
subsequent patch sets?

--Atin