[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Please pause merging patches to 3.9 waiting for just one patch

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 15:21:59 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 10:16 AM, Manikandan Selvaganesh
<manikandancs333 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Enabling/disabling quota or removing limits are the ways in which quota.conf
> is regenerated to the later version. It works properly. And as Pranith said,
> both enabling/disabling takes a lot of time to crawl(though now much faster
> with enhanced quota enable/disable process) which we cannot suggest the
> users with a lot of quota configuration. Resetting the limit using
> limit-usage does not work properly. I have tested the same. The workaround
> is based on the user setup here. I mean the steps he exactly used in order
> matters here. The workaround is not so generic. However, quota
> enable/disable would regenerate the file on any case.
>
> IMO, this bug is critical. I am not sure though how often users would hit
> this - Updating from 3.6 to latest versions. From 3.7 to latest, its fine,
> this has nothing to do with this patch.

Given that we are done with the last release in 3.6.x, I think there
would be users looking to upgrade.  My vote is to include the
necessary patches in 3.9 and not let users go through unnatural
workflows to get quota working again in 3.9.0.

Thanks,
Vijay