[Gluster-Maintainers] [gluster-packaging] glusterfs-3.8rc1 has been released for testing

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri May 20 11:08:14 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 08:57:30PM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > But when you download the tarball, there should not be any need to run
> > ./autogen.sh. I'm not sure why this seems to be required, but it looks
> > like it:
>
> Yes, one should not run autotools on the released tarball.

Even the following steps fail for me when running on Fedora 23:

  $ ./autogen.sh
  $ ./configure
  $ make distcheck
  configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh ../../config.sub
  Makefile:795: recipe for target 'distcheck' failed
  make: *** [distcheck] Error 1

It works on the release-3.7 branch, so something has broken this more
recently. I'll try to figure out what happened and will report back
later.

Niels