[Gluster-Maintainers] glusterfs-3.8rc1 has been released for testing

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon May 16 13:13:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've tagged and released glusterfs-3.8rc1. This is the 1st Release
Candidate for GlusterFS 3.8.0.

  https://build.gluster.org/job/release/159/console
  http://bits.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/src/glusterfs-3.8rc1.tar.gz

The release-notes still need some work for a GA release:
  https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/release-3.8/doc/release-notes/3.8.0.md

Please start testing (in case you're not testing the nightly builds
yet). We need a description of the steps that users can follow to
upgrade from 3.7 to 3.8.

Once we have some useful release-notes, we can send out a notification
to the users list and other more public channels.

Packages for CentOS-7 are available from the Community Build System,
syncing to the standard gluster38-test repository will happen later:
  http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=11095

Other distributions may want to verify their packaging too already.

There are a few more patches proposed for 3.8, reviews for these are
appreciated as well:
  http://review.gluster.org/#/q/project:glusterfs+branch:release-3.8+status:open

The current plan is to release 3.8.0 at the end of May, or in the first
few days of June.

Cheers,
Niels