[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Release Management Process change - proposal

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Fri May 13 05:02:12 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Amye Scavarda <amye at redhat.com> wrote:
> So, as I review this, we have a few different guidelines for maintainers and
> release processes.
> We have ReadtheDocs [1], the old Community site [2] and the RTD
> documentation for releases [3]  -- while 1 and 2 look nearly identical, 2
> will eventually disappear so that we're not maintaining two active copies.
> Should we be consolidating these new guidelines into a new page in RTD?

These are essentially 2 different topics, and should remain so.

Guildelines for Maintainers should be describing a maintainers
responsibilities to the project and the community.
GlusterFS Release process describes how a release manager/maintainer
would perform a GlusterFS release.

But we're hoping to improve the release process to make component
maintainers a part of it.
If we get more agreement, helping out with the release will become a
maintainer responsibility and will be added to the maintainer
guidelines.
How the maintainers would help out with the process will be added to
the release process.