[Gluster-Maintainers] Maintainers acks needed for 3.7.12

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:37:56 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Kaushal M <kshlmster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If anyone doesn't know about it yet, the release process for a release
> has changed. Refer to the mail thread [1] for more information.
>
> tl;dr, component maintainers need to now provide an acknowledgement
> that their component is ready to the release manager, for the manager
> to make the release. The maintainers are expected to test their
> components and make sure that it is not obviously broken. In the
> future, we expect to make this testing automated, which will require
> maintainers to provide these tests (using DiSTAF).
>
> Vijay, who's managing 3.7.12, sent out a call for acks [2], which
> hasn't recieved any acks apart from the Atin for GlusterD. It is
> possible that most of you missed this as it was part of another
> thread.
>
> I'm starting this thread as the official call for acks, so that it is
> more visible to all developers. I cc'd component maintainers (from
> MAINTAINERS) to make sure no one misses this.
>
> Use the tag v3.7.12rc1 to verify your components and provide your acks
> by replying to this thread.

I'll be doing the release on behalf of Vijay.
I had hoped to do the release right now (22-Jun-2016 UTC 1330), but
I'm postponing it to tomorrow, to give my hurting hand some rest.

This gives maintainers a little more time to provide the missing ACKs.

ACKs have been obtained for GlusterD, Geo-Rep, Snapshots, Tiering,
NFS, transports(tcp,rdma).

Quota has an iffy ACK, as 2 more changes have been requested for
merging, but they don't have proper all the flags to be merged yet.
The ACK doesn't say if these 2 changes were included.

Major components yet to recieve ACKs are AFR, DHT and EC.

DHT also has a couple of changes that were requested for merging. I've
merged one, the other doesn't have all the flags.

~kaushal