[Gluster-Maintainers] Release manager for GlusterFS 3.9 needed

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 09:43:52 UTC 2016

Hello all!

As GlusterFS 3.8 has been released, we need to start planning the 3.9
release. It would be best if someone volunteers for this task so that we
stick to the release schedule. 3.9 is planned to be released in three
months, that would be September this year. With this release cycle the
3.9+1 release (Long Term Stable) will be in December. It really is
important for our community of developers and users that we manage to
stick to our plans.

The immediate tasks for 3.9 are:

- find/appoint/announce a release manager
- gather features that developers want to see included
- update the 3.9 roadmap [1]
- open a glusterfs-3.9.0 tracker bug
- attach feature implementation bugs to the tracker
- get regular status updates from the developers of 3.9 features
- make sure that all features are ready before the end of August

These tasks should be relatively simple for any of the current
maintainers. I'll be able to assist if needed. During this process, we
should work together to document all of the steps so that future
releases can follow the same workflow.

So, who wants to take this on?

Thanks,
Niels