[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Release Management Process change - proposal

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 12:39:52 UTC 2016

On 06/06/2016 10:00 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Vijay Bellur <vbellur at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> I thought we didnt do the rc releases for the stable versions anymore?
>>> What is the reason for this change?
>>>

>> This is for the convenience of maintainers to submit their feedback on
>> the release content. A tag is more convenient than a commit ID to
>> provide feedback and log bugs if necessary. Hence the change.
>>

> I have tagged v3.7.12rc1.
>
> Maintainers - please use this tag to verify contents for your
> components and provide your feedback this week.
GlusterD sanity tests are executed. I've focused on cluster
expansion/shrink, volume management commands like create. start, stop,
delete along with expansion/shrink of a volume. volume set/get features
are also tested. Little bit of basic testing is done for tiering, quota.
Nothing abnormal found till now. So its a green from GlusterD team.