[Gluster-Maintainers] Upgrade issue when new mem type is added in libglusterfs

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 14:40:41 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 11:26:46AM +0530, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
> I still see the release notes for 3.8.1 & 3.7.13 not reflecting this
> change.
>
> Niels, Kaushal,
>
> Shouldn't we highlight this as early as possible to the users given release
> note is the best possible medium to capture all the known issues and the
> work around?

You can sent a patch to the release notes:
  https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/release-3.8/doc/release-notes/3.8.1.md

The release notes of the previous version are normallky used/copied and
modified for the new version. A new section "known issues" before the
"Bugs addressed" would be good.

Thanks,
Niels