[Gluster-Maintainers] 3.8 Plan changes - proposal
vbellur at redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 02:44:43 UTC 2016
I am considering the following changes for 3.8:
1. Include 4.0 features such as NSR, dht2, glusterd2.0 & eventing as
experimental features in 3.8. 4.0 features are shaping up reasonably
well and it would be nice to have them packaged in 3.8 so that we can
get more meaningful feedback early on. As 4.0 features mature, we can
push them out through subsequent 3.8.x releases to derive iterative
2. Ensure that most of our components have tests in distaf by 3.8. I
would like us to have more deterministic pre-release testing for 3.8 and
having tests in distaf should help us in accomplishing that goal.
3. Add "forward compatibility" section to all feature pages proposed for
3.8 so that we carefully review the impact of a feature on all upcoming
4. Have Niels de Vos as the maintainer for 3.8 with immediate effect.
This is a change from the past where we have had release maintainers
after a .0 release is in place. I think Niels' diligence as a release
manager will help us in having a more polished .0 release.
5. Move out 3.8 by 2-3 months (end of May or early June 2016) to
accomplish these changes.
Would like to know your thoughts and opinions about this proposal before
we reach out to the broader community about the changes.
More information about the maintainers