[Gluster-Maintainers] Release 3.10: Feature page status (and call for reviews)

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 13:44:06 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 5:48 PM, Shyam <srangana at redhat.com> wrote:

> A) We need reviewers/maintainers to complete the reviews of the feature
> pages that are under review, and get them to an accepted state.
>
> B) We need the missing feature pages added, so that those can go through
> the required reviews.
>
> Just a reminder on the timelines, we have branching set to: 17th Jan, 2017
> (at which point code for the feature needs to be in merged state)
>
> Following are the list of features, and their corresponding feature pages,
> and its review status.
>
> Accepted state:
> 1) Disable creation of trash directory by default
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs/blob/master/accep
> ted/Trash-Improvements.md
>
> 2) SELinux support for Gluster Volumes
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs/blob/master/accep
> ted/SELinux-client-support.md
>
> Under review: (Reviewers please take a look)
> 1) Implement Parallel readdirp in dht
> http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16090/
>
> 2) Estimate how long it will take for a rebalance operation to complete
> http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16119/
>
> 3) Add brick multiplexing
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs/blob/master/under
> _review/multiplexing.md
>         - I think this can be moved to accepted, Jeff request a patch for
> the same
>
> 4) Introduce force option for Snapshot Restore
> http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16097/
>
> 5) Support to get maximum op-version supported in a heterogeneous cluster
> http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16118/

This is reviewed and once Samikshan addresses the comments should be ok to
accept. We are also exploring a possibility to accumulate the client's
op-version in the same CLI and see if its feasible to implement by 3.10
timelines. We'd hear from Samikshan on this.

> 6) Introducing block CLI commands
> http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16092/

This needs further discussion/details on the lines if this has to be
supportedthrough Gluster CLI  or other tools.

> Feature page missing:
> 1) Implement statedump for gfapi applications (Rajesh)
> 2) In gfapi fix memory leak during graph switch (Rajesh)
> 3) switch to storhaug for HA for ganesha and samba (Kaleb)
> 4) volume expansion/contraction for tiered volumes (stage 1 - tier as a
> service) (Dan)
>   - Google doc present, need a feature page
> 5) multithreaded promotion/demotion in tiering (Dan)
>   - Google doc present, need a feature page
>   - Google doc not accessible

~ Atin (atinm)