[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Release 3.10 feature proposal: gfapi fix memory leak during graph switch

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 18:12:08 UTC 2016

On 12/09/2016 08:06 AM, Rajesh Joseph wrote:
> During graph switch we do not perform much cleanup operation on the
> old graph, leading to memory leak.
>
> + Inode table of old graph needs cleanup.
>        - Fix inode leaks
>        - Fix forget of each xl to free inode ctx properly
> + The xl objects itself (xlator_t)
> + The mem_accnt structure in every xl object.
>       - Fix all the leaks so that the ref count of mem_accnt structure is 0
> + Implement fini() in every xlator
>
> Would need support from all other xlator owner to bring down memory
> leak in each xlator.

Rajesh, I have marked this for 3.10 tentatively. As you call out a per
xlator task, could you elaborate what is needed from others?

We need to possibly get ack's from the various component maintainers so
that this can happen for 3.10. So if you could share a list of things
that need to be done/checked for each component and drive the same, in
terms of timelines, we could get this feature complete.