[Gluster-Maintainers] Gluster: Focus Area owners and descriptions

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 08:21:06 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 11:11:11AM -0500, Shyam wrote:
> Ping maintainers, any takers for the various focus areas?
>
> On 11/28/2016 02:12 PM, Shyam wrote:
> > Hi Maintainers,
> >
> > We just rolled out the github issues based release planning mail for
> > 3.10. With which the focus areas that were proposed for Gluster are also
> > rolled out.
> >
> > Now, for our larger developer base and user base to understand what
> > these focus areas are and to be able to provide relevant issues and
> > feedback on the same we need a couple more things to be done,
> >
> > 1) Have 1-2 owners per focus area
> >
> > 2) Provide a short description of the focus area
> >
> > This mail is being sent out to seek owners for the various focus areas,
> > if you are an owner for a focus area (predominantly discussed in the
> > maintainers meeting) or would like to be one, please respond with your
> > interest.
> >
> > We will circle back and collect description of the focus area later in
> > the week.
> >
> > The focus areas are:
> >  - Testing Improvements
> >  - Technical Debt
> >  - Server Side Replication
> >  - Scalability Improvements
> >  - Performance Improvements
> >  - Must Fixes
> >  - Developer Experience

Sahina and I will be watching over the Developers Experience focus area.
We are looking to improve (and keep maintaining) the integration with
other projects. This is mostly related to the data access (like
libgfapi) parts. The monitoring and Gluster-eventing is done by others,
which could be its own focus area closer related to management?

Niels