[Gluster-Maintainers] Huge AFR change for 3.8 proposed, needs careful review and explicit approval

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Sun Dec 11 08:18:52 UTC 2016

We've mentioned earlier that only (small) patches for bugfixes and
stabilization should get backported. Yet there is a patch with +470/-61
lines proposed for inclusion. This is not something that is normally
suitable for backporting, so I'd like to get the opinion of several
maintainers before it gets merged.

  afr: allow I/O when favorite-child-policy is enabled
  http://review.gluster.org/16091

It sounds like a serious bugfix, but I'd like to know if there is any
risk for users of a version that has this patch. The version for the
master branch has only been there for 2 weeks, and the 3.9 version has
not been merged yet either.

Thanks,
Niels