[Gluster-Maintainers] 3.10 Workflow: Please post issues for consideration (or approved) into the devel lists

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 16:40:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

I see that the following 2 issues are marked with the 3.10 release
milestone.

SELinux support for Gluster Volumes
   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/55

volume expansion/contraction for tiered volumes
   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/54

We would like to raise requests on the devel list with required data
(i.e spec where applicable and mostly required), so that the appropriate
maintainer can approve this, and all in devel can get a glimpse of what
is coming.

If a maintainer is adding the issue and also approving it, we still
would appreciate a mail to devel, for the latter reason, so that all are
aware of what is being targeted.

Further, other than maintainers no-one else can add these milestones (in
github), so for the broader group, the lists are the only way they can
request for features to be considered against a release. So, if we
expect them to post to the lists, we should do the same :)

I hope this is not sounding convoluted, the intention is to get more
eyes on what is being planned and also spread the discussion further.

Niels, as you added the milestone, could you post the same to the lists.

Thanks,
Shyam