[Gluster-Maintainers] 3.7.10 known issue

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 21:22:07 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
<sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Kaushal M <kshlmster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've got no problem with doing 3.7.11 early.
>> I've not announced 3.7.10 yet, so we could just announce 3.7.11 instead.
>>

> How "early" is 'early'?
>
>> This should serve as a catalyst to get started on our planned
>> automated release tests.
>> I did to some manual testing before tagging, but I didn't cover
>> restarts, or snapshots.
>> Covering everything, every time in manual testing is not feasible.
>

> --
> sankarshan mukhopadhyay
> <https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>

So I agree that 2 releases with issues aren't great, but having 7.10
break things will be worse.
Can we make 'early' be a thing?

Happy to get on a call this evening (Pacific time) to help coordinate, Kaushal.
- amye

--
Amye Scavarda | amye at redhat.com | Gluster Community Lead