[heketi-devel] Migrate Data to New Gluster

Adrian Flynn adrian.flynn at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 20 11:33:13 UTC 2020

Hi

Is there an easy way to migrate data from one gluster to another and maintain the pod-pvc relationship?

I have K8S

Plus

Single Gluster Node (not in k8s)
Storage class; volumetype: Distributed

Pods have pvcs and data on this gluster node.

I have a new 2 node gluster and will use  volumetype: replicated:2

I want to move the pvcs to the new gluster.   I do not think this is possible without a lot of manual file copying, pvc deletion,  pvc creation,  storage class changes.

Anyone done this and have a working work flow?

Regards

Adrian

Sent from Mail for Windows 10