[heketi-devel] how does arbiter: required work?

Shambho shambho100 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 21:25:34 UTC 2019

Hello Group

I setup a Glusterfs clustr with two nodes and configured heketi and settags
on one of these nodes as arbiter:required. But creating a volume with
--durability=none always creates the volume on the node with
arbiter:required tag. Is this the expected behavior? I was under the
impression that this tag will ensure only arbiter volumes will be created
on this node.

What I am trying to achieve is be able to use a node with  smaller disk as
an arbiter node.

Thanks
Shambho