[heketi-devel] Disk symlink not accepted by heketi

Chandidas Gharami chandidas at in.ibm.com
Mon Jul 2 08:15:43 UTC 2018

As the device names are not persistence across reboot, I was using symlink
of the disk to configure Heketi topology.

In my setup, both Heketi (version 5) and GlusterFS (version 3.12.1) runs a
Pods. symlink "/dev/disk/by-path/pci-0000:00:10.0-scsi-0:0:1:0" was working
perfectly for us. However, now we want to move to latest version of Heketi
and it looks like Heketi does not accept this symlink as device
configuration. Among all, this is the only symlink
("/dev/disk/by-path/pci-0000:00:10.0-scsi-0:0:1:0") which is available for
a raw disk.

I need your help/suggestion here.
   1.	What alternative mechanism community is following to provide
      persistence name of a raw disk into Heketi Topology.
   2.	Ideally validation check is good, but can we skip the validation
      logic on the disk path

BR,
- Chandi
+91-9980166056