[heketi-devel] changes to the repo: protecting master branch

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Mon Jan 29 16:14:26 UTC 2018

Hi all,

A while ago, we changed the repo to only
allow rebase-merges and no merge commits.

Now we have started to lock down the repo some more
in github, by turning the master brach into a
"protected" branch. (Others will follow.)

The effect is that merging is only possible if

* approved review (by a maintainer) is present
* no unresolved change requests on the PR
* travis-ci run succeeded
  (not yet making centos-ci pass required)
* the patch is up to date rebased with origin/master

The last point has an impact on the submitter of a PR:
It will require the patch submitter to rebase and
re-push his branch for merging, if origin/master
changed since the last push. This avoids problem
with the test results that may be invalid after
a rebase.

If you experience any problems, please let us know!

Cheers - Michael