[heketi-devel] Heketi HA using Kubernetes

Raghavendra Talur rtalur at redhat.com
Thu Sep 28 12:09:19 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 11:15 PM, Gaurav Chhabra
<varuag.chhabra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>

> I want to install Heketi server and client on Kubernetes. To ensure HA, i
> would like to have replica set to 2 for it. However, i am not sure about the
> Heketi db. Does it contain only static data about volumes, nodes etc (and
> changes only when we perform some explicit operations such as add volumes
> etc) OR will it create issues (concurrent write) if i have two replicas
> running?

Yes, heketi updates the db only when a operation is performed. But
replica set 2 won't work because bolt db opens the db file with read
write lock and the second instance will fail to get one. You will end
up with 2nd instance in read only mode.

If I get it right, you are saying you can't afford to have heketi pod
down even for the time duration when kubernetes respins the pod when
it detects it is down?