[heketi-devel] Building Heketi 4.0.0 fails on CentOS 7

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue May 30 16:36:21 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:13:28AM -0500, Jose A. Rivera wrote:
> I have the following build already working its way through to the EPEL
> repositories:
>
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2017-373830f419
>
> I didn't encounter this issue either when using mock locally or when
> running fedpkg build.

Hmm, ok, I'll try to rebuild that, but I dont think there are any
differences, unless you added patches to the RPM. It's running now at
https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=182879

> I've been wondering, is there an existing relationship between EPEL
> and the SIG repos? are the SIG repos intending to be a subset of
> what's in EPEL?

EPEL is just different from CentOS SIGs. The SIGs are more flexible,
they allow replacing/updating packages from RHEL (or its layered
products), where EPEL does not allow it. Because RHEL contains some of
the glusterfs packages, we can not add Gluster to EPEL. This means we
can not add newer NFS-Ganesha to EPEL either, or only without the
support for Gluster.

The packages in the SIG can add new projects, or even have separate
repositories for different versions of a project. For example, there are
Storage SIG repositories for Gluster 3.8, Gluster 3.10 and soon Gluster
3.11.

In case packages are missing for the SIGs, or have lower versions, we
can get them added as well. However, someone needs to maintain those
packages too...

HTH,
Niels