[heketi-devel] Working Heketi

Christopher Schmidt fakod666 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 13:33:57 UTC 2017

Jose A. Rivera <jarrpa at redhat.com> schrieb am Mo., 28. Aug. 2017 um
14:01 Uhr:

> Hey Christopher,
>
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 12:37 AM, Christopher Schmidt
> <fakod666 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > sorry for the confusion.
> > I opened this thread, to find an overall working configuration.
> >
> > My setup is as follows:
> > - Container Linux (CoreOS)
> > - No local installation (except Kubelet, everything (!) else runs in
> > Containers)
> > - I am using this deploy scripts for GlusterFS
> >
> https://github.com/gluster/gluster-kubernetes/tree/master/deploy/kube-templates
> > - I've created my own containers with
> > https://github.com/gluster/gluster-containers/tree/master/CentOS (so its
> > Gluster 1.10.5)
> > - I am using the original container from docker hub heketi/heketi:5
> (with a
> > secret as DB backup, not the gk-deploy script)
> > - Kubernetes v1.6.8_coreos.0 with 3 masters and 6 minions, gluster pods
> on
> > all minions (3 x 50GB partitions for Gluster on each node, rbac enabled)
> > - for network policies I use Canal (deployed as pods as well)
> >
> > Issues:
> > - I've learned that Kubernetes 1.7.x and GlusterFS is broken, since 1.7
> > requires GlusterFS > 1.10, right?
>
> I imagine you mean GlusterFS 3.10. :) And no, the issue is because the
> current GlusterFS container uses systemd, which conflicts with the new
> shared PIC namespace feature in recent versions of Kube and Docker:
>
> https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/48937#issuecomment-319957314

oh sure 3.10.. So this fixes also the unsupported mount option I've had?

> > - I was testing K8s 1.5.x with Heketi/GlusterFS and it was fine for me
> (but
> > really only small manual tests a couple of months ago)
> > - With my configuration (see above) no version of Gluster or Heketi works
> > with K8s 1.6.x with dynamic provisioning.
> >
> > However, this is not the usual GlusterFS setup you are testing. So I am
> sure
> > I do something wrong. What is noticeable is that creating a volume takes
> > couple of minutes (depending on the volume type) and Heketi has some
> issues
> > with that.
> > So what can I do? Where to start testing/changing my configuration?
>
> Nothing looks immediately wrong to me. Have you tried the same
> container images that we use in gluster-kubernetes? The only other
> difference I note is that you're using Canal whereas out test setups
> use weave-net.

"No", I've build my own image. But all I did is to "docker build -t
innoq/gluster-centos:gluster3u10_centos7-3.10.5 ."
from here: https://github.com/gluster/gluster-containers/tree/master/CentOS

anyway, you mean I should try image: gluster/gluster-centos:latest?