[heketi-devel] Heketi is being added to the Gluster repositories from the CentOS Storage SIG

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Aug 10 19:11:22 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've added golang-1.8.3-1.2.1.el7 to the buildroot for the Gluster
repositories in the CentOS Storage SIG. This makes it possible to build
recent versions of Heketi for CentOS 7 (x86_64, aarch64, ppc64le). It
does not look like CentOS 6 has access to golang packages. So I'm not
planning to build Heketi for CentOS 6.

My plan is to put heketi-4.0.0 in the gluster-3.12 repository, but if
you expect users of gluster-3.10 to need heketi, I can add it there as
well. Just let me know in that case.

The current dist-git-like repository can be found here:
  https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG/heketi/tree/sig-storage7-gluster-common

sig-storage7-gluster-common is the branch that is used for building
packages that do not rely on a specific glusterfs version. Pull requests
for this repository are welcome. I can do new builds when after patches
get merged.

https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=208243 has just finished
while I'm writing this email. Some tests of the RPMs are appreciated.
The gluster-3.12 repository is not yet available, so you will need to
download the packages manually.

Cheers,
Niels