[Gluster-users] Glusterfs community status

Kyle Maas kyle at virtualinterconnect.com
Wed Jul 10 17:03:20 UTC 2024

To be honest, despite the slowed pace of development, I've had very good
results with GlusterFS and, while it's not perfect, I consider it to be
stable enough for heavy production use.  The occasional glitches here
and there are generally fixable without any downtime, at least in my
environment.  I'd love to see it progress further - there are features
that would be very helpful - but even if nothing but security updates
happened for a long time, I'd still rather use GlusterFS than Ceph.
It's feature-complete enough for me and the failover cases for it are
much better IMHO than Ceph.

Warm Regards,
Kyle Maas