[Gluster-users] Simple quota in GlusterFS 11

Alan Orth alan.orth at gmail.com
Thu May 4 07:03:19 UTC 2023

Dear list,

I noticed that GlusterFS 11 introduces a new "simple quota" system.
According to the pull request¹ the implementation is based on Amar's
earlier proposal² and is inspired by work they did in Kadalu. Other than
that I don't see any documentation or discussion about these features.

Specifically, it seems that the implementation relies on the quota features
of the underlying filesystem (for example XFS or ZFS). This sounds orders
of magnitude more efficient than crawling! Can someone explain how it works
or share their experience / docs? We had tried the earlier quota
implementation and did not have good luck at all.

Thank you,

¹ https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/pull/1750
² https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/1774

--