[Gluster-users] Performance: lots of small files, hdd, nvme etc.

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Thu Mar 30 10:00:15 UTC 2023

Well, you have *way* more files than we do... :)

Il 30/03/2023 11:26, Hu Bert ha scritto:

> Just an observation: is there a performance difference between a sw
> raid10 (10 disks -> one brick) or 5x raid1 (each raid1 a brick)
Err... RAID10 is not 10 disks unless you stripe 5 mirrors of 2 disks.

> with
> the same disks (10TB hdd)? The heal processes on the 5xraid1-scenario
> seems faster. Just out of curiosity...
It should be, since the bricks are smaller. But given you're using a
replica 3 I don't understand why you're also using RAID1: for each 10T
of user-facing capacity you're keeping 60TB of data on disks.
I'd ditch local RAIDs to double the space available. Unless you
desperately need the extra read performance.

> Options Reconfigured:I'll have a look at the options you use. Maybe something can be useful
in our case. Tks :)

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia