[Gluster-users] remove snapshot when one peer is dead

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Mon Jun 19 11:01:47 UTC 2023

Hi to all,

i have a volume where one peer is dead and I now would like to remove
the dead peer, but ther are still snapshots on the volume when I try to
remove the peer I gozt:
--------
root at glfs1:/run/gluster/snaps# gluster peer detach c-03.heartbeat.net

All clients mounted through the peer which is getting detached need to
be remounted using one of the other active peers in the trusted storage
pool to ensure client gets notification on any changes│
  done on the gluster configuration and if the same has been done do you
want to proceed? (y/n) y

peer detach: failed: c-03.heartbeat.net is part of existing snapshot.
Remove those snapshots before proceeding
--------

When I try to remove all snapshots I get:
root at glfs1:/run/gluster/snaps# gluster snapshot delete all

System contains 6 snapshot(s).

Do you still want to continue and delete them?  (y/n) y

snapshot delete: failed: glusterds are not in quorum

Snapshot command failed

How can I remove all snapshots with out quorum?

Stefan