[Gluster-users] Gluster 11.0 upgrade report

Eli V eliventer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 13:23:40 UTC 2023

Just upgraded my test 3 node distributed-replica 9x2 glusterfs to 11.0
and it was a bit rough. After upgrading the 1st node, gluster volume
status showed only the bricks on node 1, and gluster peer status
showed node1 rejecting node 2 & 3. After upgrading node2, and then
node3, node 3 remained rejected. I followed the docs for resolving the
rejected peer, i.e. clean out /var/lib/glusterd other than .info file
and was able to peer probe and get node 3 back into the cluster.
However, the fuse glusterfs client is now oddly reporting the volume
is only 1.1TB, versus the 2.5TB before(9x280GB disks). Also,
glusterfsd's seem to crash under load testing just as much as 10, and
it created unhealable files which I'd never seen on 10, and only
resolved it by rm -rf on the whole testing directory tree.