[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Regarding Glusterfs file locking

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Fri Feb 3 10:47:03 UTC 2023

We also have not the budget for full 3-way replication, so we're using
"replica 3 arbiter 1", that means the data is replicated over 2 nodes
and the third just stores metadata.
You have to manually distribute data across the 3 nodes so that a single
node never hosts 2 copies of neither data nor metadata. We use a
rotation scheme:

Brick clustor00:/srv/bricks/00/d            49152     0          Y
2506
Brick clustor01:/srv/bricks/00/d            49152     0          Y
2569516
Brick clustor02:/srv/quorum/00/d            49152     0          Y
296886
Brick clustor02:/srv/bricks/00/d            49152     0          Y
296886
Brick clustor00:/srv/bricks/01/d            49152     0          Y
2506
Brick clustor01:/srv/quorum/00/d            49152     0          Y
2569516
Brick clustor01:/srv/bricks/01/d            49152     0          Y
2569516
Brick clustor02:/srv/bricks/01/d            49152     0          Y
296886
Brick clustor00:/srv/quorum/00/d            49152     0          Y
2506

We currently have 30 bricks + 15 quorums per node, but seems it's a bit
too much even with 192G RAM...

HIH
Diego