[Gluster-users] Quick way to fix stale gfids?

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 22:35:28 UTC 2023

 Any issues reported in /var/log/glusterfs/glfsheal-*.log ?

The easiest way to identify the affected entries is to run:
find /FULL/PATH/TO/BRICK/ -samefile /FULL/PATH/TO/BRICK/.glusterfs/57/e4/57e428c7-6bed-4eb3-b9bd-02ca4c46657a

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

     В вторник, 31 януари 2023 г., 11:58:24 ч. Гринуич+2, Diego Zuccato <diego.zuccato at unibo.it> написа:

 Hello all.

I've had one of the 3 nodes serving a "replica 3 arbiter 1" down for
some days (apparently RAM issues, but actually failing mobo).
The other nodes have had some issues (RAM exhaustion, old problem
already ticketed but still no solution) and some brick processes
coredumped. Restarting the processes allowed the cluster to continue
working. Mostly.

After the third server got fixed I started a heal, but files didn't get
healed and count (by "ls -l
/srv/bricks/*/d/.glusterfs/indices/xattrop/|grep ^-|wc -l") did not
decrease over 2 days. So, to recover I copied files from bricks to temp
storage (keeping both copies of conflicting files with different
contents), removed files on bricks and arbiters, and finally copied back
from temp storage to the volume.

Now the files are accessible but I still see lots of entries like
<gfid:57e428c7-6bed-4eb3-b9bd-02ca4c46657a>

IIUC that's due to a mismatch between .glusterfs/ contents and normal
hierarchy. Is there some tool to speed up the cleanup?

Tks.

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia