[Gluster-users] random disconnects of peers

dpgluster at posteo.de dpgluster at posteo.de
Fri Sep 16 16:41:31 UTC 2022

I have made extensive load tests in the last few days and figured out
it's definitely a network related issue. I changed from jumbo frames
(mtu 9000) to default mtu of 1500. With a mtu of 1500 the problem
doesn't occur. I'm able to bump the io-wait of our gluster storage
servers to the max possible values of the disks without any error or
connection loss between the hypervisors or the storage nodes.

As mentioned in multiple gluster best practices it's recommended to use
jumbo frames in gluster setups for better performance. So I would like
to use jumbo frames in my datacenter.

What could be the issue here?