[Gluster-users] Gluster 5.10 rebalance stuck

Shreyansh Shah shreyansh.shah at alpha-grep.com
Fri Oct 28 06:10:33 UTC 2022

Hi,
We are running glusterfs 5.10 server volume. Recently we added a few new
bricks and started a rebalance operation. After a couple of days the
rebalance operation was just stuck, with one of the peers showing
In-Progress with no file being read/transferred and the rest showing
Failed/Completed, so we stopped it using "gluster volume rebalance data
stop". Now when we are trying to start it again, we get the below error.
Any assistance would be appreciated

root at gluster-11:~# gluster volume rebalance data status
> volume rebalance: data: failed: Rebalance not started for volume data.
> root at gluster-11:~# gluster volume rebalance data start
> volume rebalance: data: failed: Rebalance on data is already started
> root at gluster-11:~# gluster volume rebalance data stop
> volume rebalance: data: failed: Rebalance not started for volume data.

Shreyansh Shah
AlphaGrep* Securities Pvt. Ltd.*