[Gluster-users] Doubts re: remove-brick

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 20 08:39:03 UTC 2022

Have you checked https://staged-gluster-docs.readthedocs.io/en/release3.7.0beta1/Features/rebalance/ ? I know it's old but it might provide some clarity.
The files are removed from the source subvolume to the new subvolume.
Removed bricks do not get any writes, as during the preparation - a rebalance is issued which notifies the clients to use the new DHT subvolume.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 15:52, Diego Zuccato<diego.zuccato at unibo.it> wrote:   Hello all.

I need to reorganize the bricks (making RAID1 on the backing devices to
reduce memory used by Gluster processes) and I have a couple of doubts:
- do moved (rebalanced) files get removed from source bricks so at the
end I only have the files that received writes?- do bricks being removed continue getting writes for new files?

Tks.

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia