[Gluster-users] Announcing Gluster release 10.1

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 13:56:29 UTC 2022

On 13/02/2022 08:12, Zakhar Kirpichenko wrote:
> A nice passive-aggressive comment from a @redhat.com
> <http://redhat.com>. Kind of proves my point.

man.. a friendly advice in a form of my five cents - just move on...

We still have great open source for free - as to free to use - and as we
use it we can contribute back.

CentOS ? - nothing wrong with that nor with what Redhat did with it - if
anything that's a change for the better as Redhat put own resources &
manpower into CentOS now. One very palpable example is RH's Bugzilla
which now I can go I file a BZ against CentOS, all nicely centralized
and with more focus.

Some moaning & whining I hear from some guys(& friends) I work with,
reminds me systemd "outrage" - being upset not entirely sure what about
and now after a few years - today - having issues admitting it was
child-like frolics. (and that systemd might be one the best few things
which recently happened to Linux)

We have Alma & Rocky and more those which are less of a sibling to RHEL,
to choose from - I believe CentOS is best way forward so I'm staying on
it, as each one will make own, perhaps different choice.

best wishes, L.