[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Fw: Distributed-Disperse Shard Behavior

Fox foxxz.net at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 02:33:25 UTC 2022

This appears to be exactly the issue. After testing with xfs mounted with
the option 'allocsize=64k' and even trying ext4, the extraneous filesystem
usage disappears. Removing 'allocsize=64k' returns the additional space
usage. The linked article also makes reference to
/proc/sys/fs/xfs/speculative_prealloc_lifetime to show the lifetime of the
allocation which matches with behavior I was seeing.

Thank you for this most excellent find!