[Gluster-users] Arbiter node in slow network

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 11:17:14 UTC 2022

As the arbiter doesn't receive or provide any data to the clients - just metadata ,so bandwith is not critical but lattency is.Ensure that lattency is the same or lower for the arbiter node and you can use an SSD/NVME to ensure that storage lattency won't be a bottleneck.
Also, don't forget to specify the isize=512 and bump the 'maxpct' to a bigger number. Usually I set it to minimum 80%.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 18:59, Filipe Alvarez<filipealvarez at gmail.com> wrote:   Hi glusters,
I'm close to deploy my first GlusterFS replica 3 arbiter 1 volume.
Below I will describe my hardware / plans:

Node1: two bricks, 2 x raid0 arrays 40gbe network
Node2: two bricks, 2 x raid0 arrays 40gbe network
Node3: Arbiter 1gbe network

Between Node1 and Node2, I have a 40gbe network.

But the arbiter has 1 gbe network.

The question is, can arbiter run in a slow network ? It will affect the general performance of volume?
Thank you

________

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -