[Gluster-users] need input on configuration

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Wed Aug 24 17:55:07 UTC 2022

I'm new to this world and trying to find my way around; I could use a
bit of advice on how not to bump into corners.I'm working a contract in
which the client has one main office plus a remote office with
inconsistent net.connectivity. There will also be some very mobile
laptops, sometimes a long way off and entirely disconnected, but when in
the office it would be good if the results of whatever they were doing
while elsewhere would be readily (automatically) imparted to storage
there.  They have interest in gluster in a probable configuration based
on a set of 3 servers at the main office and 1 at the remote. Questions
revolve around how to involve remote laptops (all Linux).

So far, I'm just playing with configuration, to see what's possible. At
the moment, I've defined a 1x3 at the mains plus a standalone volume at
the remote. geo-replication is active