[Gluster-users] Right way to use community Gluster on genuine RHEL?

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Aug 15 12:15:11 UTC 2022

On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 8:31 AM Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Yet, when I asked the CentOS Storage SIG about the situation after the
> CentOS Stream goes end of life -> there was no definitive answer.

I'm not sure asking the Storage SIG is the right thing to do.  The SIGs are
subject to whatever CentOS decides.

E.g. if you look at C6 vs C7 on http://mirror.centos.org/centos/, the SIG
repos are there (obviously) for C7, but *everything* is gone for C6 (and
earlier) including all the SIG repos.  (But it is all achieved on
https://vault.centos.org/ so it's not truly gone.)

If everything in Stream8 and everything related to Stream8 gets removed at
Stream8's EOL by CentOS, that's nothing to do with the SIGs.

I kinda suspect that some Stream8 stuff will stick around for a little
while, but we — i.e. the SIGs — are not part of that decision process.

And I pretty much guarantee that all the build infra around Stream8 will
get torn down pretty quickly and there won't be any further updates to any
of the software.

--

Kaleb